It’s back to basics today with a simple, but delicious keto-friendly Victoria Sponge. Using home-made keto Raspberry Jam (recipe from the blog), this traditional and wonderful tea-time treat is just 5 carbs per slice! With one batch of Raspberry Jam, I made the Bakewell Tarts and this Victoria Sponge. I can’t wait for the kids to come home….. a familiar and happy taste from their childhood!
Ingredients – 10 Slice Cake
- 225g Almond Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Xanthan Gum
- 120g Melted Butter
- 5 large Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 60 ml Skinny Syrup Sweetener (Vanilla or Simple)
- 1/2 batch Raspberry Jam (recipe from the blog)
- 200ml Double Cream
- 25ml Skinny Syrup Sweetener (Vanilla or Simple) if desired
- Preheat the oven to 175*C
- Line and grease two 7″ loose-bottomed cake tins
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- All the melted butter, eggs, vanilla extract and 60ml Syrup Sweetener and mix well for a minute until thoroughly combined
- If your mixture is a little stiff, then you can add a splash of almond milk to loosen it
- Pour the cake batter equally into the two cake tins, level off, and bake in the centre of the oven for 15-16 mins or until a cocktail stick comes out clean
- Take out of the tins and cool on a wire rack
- When the cakes are cool, spread the raspberry jam on the bottom half of the cake
- Whisk the cream until stiff peaks form and then if desired, whisk through the 25ml of syrup sweetener
- Pipe or spread the cream on top of the raspberry jam and place the second layer of sponge on the top
- If you have a little erythritol (or keto) icing sugar, you can sieve a little onto the top to make it look pretty.