VANILLA ICE CREAM
Summertime means that you have to have ice cream right? I was never a lover of ice cream as a child, but now that I make my own, I can think of little better than rich, creamy ice cream with a selection of toppings to suit your mood. So here is my version of the simplest, but creamiest vanilla ice cream – Keto too at only 1.2 net carbs per scoop (without toppings)!
INGREDIENTS – For 10 Servings
- 500ml Double Cream
- 250ml Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Vanilla Pod (scrape out the seeds)
- 150g Bocha Sweet Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Guar Gum (slightly less than 1/2 tsp but more than 1/4 tsp)
- 1 tblsp plain vodka
- Add all the ingredients to a large bowl and mix well to combine thoroughly and remove any lumps
- Place in the fridge to chill for at least 2 hours and preferably overnight.
- Before churning, sieve evenly, the guar gum into the cream mixture and whisk to incorporate well, so it does not clump. Then stir through the vodka. The guar gum helps to form a soft creamy ice cream and the vodka prevents a hard ice cream and an icy/bitty texture to the ice-cream.
- Pour into your ice cream maker and churn for 50 minutes.
- Decant into a freezer-proof container (which you’ve chilled in the freezer prior to using) and freeze the ice-cream immediately for several hours before eating – For best results and a firmer ice-cream that you can scoop into shape, leave overnight. If the ice-cream is too soft for you, then make with slightly less guar gum and just 1 tblsp vodka.
- Add toppings of your choice, but don’t forget to add the net carbs for all the toppings! The ice cream in the image is topped with Chocolate Sauce and Pistachio Praline – and it’s served with a shortbread biscuit for ultra decadence!
NOTE: I OFTEN ADJUST MY RECIPES WHEN I FIND NEW INGREDIENTS AND WILL UPDATE THE RECIPES ON MY BLOG ACCORDINGLY (RATHER THAN PRODUCING ANOTHER RECIPE), SO PLEASE ALWAYS CHECK BEFORE MAKING.