This lovely, simple, cake is delicious just on it’s own with a cuppa, but can be easily adapted to add chocolate, caramel, lemon, orange – anything you fancy really. I just love it on it’s own. It’s a 10-12 slice loaf cake that takes just 1 hour to make and bake and with only 5 carbs per slice, it’s a little keto power-house of vanilla sweetness and comfort.
Ingredients – 10-12 slice loaf cake
- 250g Almond Flour
- 25g Coconut Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Xanthan Gum
- 200g Melted Butter
- 4 medium Eggs
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 100ml Vanilla Skinny Syrup Sweetener
- 150ml Almond Milk – Unsweetened
- Preheat the oven to 175*C
- Line a loaf tin with greaseproof paper
- Add all the ingredients to a large bowl and mix with an electric mixer until combined well. Add a drop more milk if the cake batter is a little dry
- Pour into the loaf tin, level off and bake in the centre of the oven for 45 minutes or until a cocktail stick comes out clean
- Gentry remove from the tin and cool on a wire rack
Serve in slices with a hot cuppa, or in a thicker block with lashings of hot keto custard (or chocolate custard) as a quick family pudding.
NOTE: I OFTEN ADJUST MY RECIPES WHEN I FIND NEW INGREDIENTS AND WILL UPDATE THE RECIPES ON MY BLOG ACCORDINGLY (RATHER THAN PRODUCING ANOTHER RECIPE), SO PLEASE ALWAYS CHECK BEFORE MAKING.