TOAD IN THE HOLE
This lovely family favourite is so quick and easy to make and gives you that really satisfying, traditional, home-cooked supper feeling. Using this blog’s Yorkshire Pudding recipe and simple pork sausages from our local butcher, I can’t think of a much better choice for a cold, rainy evening. There are 10g of carbs per serving.
Ingredients – 4 Servings
- 1 quantity Yorkshire Pudding mix (from this blog)
- 8 high-quality Pork Sausages (or any of your favourite sausages)
- 1 tblsp Butter
- 2 tblsp Goose Fat (or lard)
- Make your Yorkshire Pudding batter and put it in the fridge to cool for at least 30 minutes
- Preheat your FAN oven to 180*C
- Heat the goose fat or lard in your baking dish of choice until smoking
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a large frying pan and lightly brown your sausages on all sides. Don’t overcook them. You just need to seal the skins and warm them through – 3-4 mins in total
- Add the sausages to the hot goose fat in the oven for 2 further minutes to get the sausages and the fat at the same temperature
- Take the Yorkshire Pudding batter out of the fridge and give it a good stir to re-mix all the ingredients (as they will have settled)
- Pour the batter gently and evenly, but quickly around all the sausages and place immediately back into the oven
- Bake for 35 minutes. Do not open the oven door, or your Yorkshires will collapse.
- Take out of the oven and serve immediately with keto gravy and an appropriate keto green vegetable or cauliflower cheese.
NOTE: I OFTEN ADJUST MY RECIPES WHEN I FIND NEW INGREDIENTS AND WILL UPDATE THE RECIPES ON MY BLOG ACCORDINGLY (RATHER THAN PRODUCING ANOTHER RECIPE), SO PLEASE ALWAYS CHECK BEFORE MAKING.