My spiritual home is Thailand and I just adore Thai food. I’ve put this lovely recipe together to combine my love of the flavours of traditional Thai cuisine with my favourite fish, Monkfish. It’s an incredibly healthy dish and takes just 5 minutes to prepare and 15 minutes to cook in a steamer. At only 3.8 carbs per serving, this is a delicious lunch dish or light evening supper.
Ingredients – 2 Servings
- 2 fresh Monkfish Tails
- 2 knobs Butter
- 1 small Birds Eye Red Chilli – sliced diagonally
- 2 Slices Lime
- 2 Tblsp Coconut Oil
- 1 Lime – Juice only
- 4 Kaffir Lime Leaves
- 2 Slices Fresh Ginger – sliced into long thin strips
- 1 stalk Lemongrass – sliced diagonally
- 1 small Garlic Clove – Chopped finely
- 1/2 tsp Fish Sauce
- 1/2 tsp Simple Syrup (from Skinny Mixes)
- 1/4 tsp Chilli Flakes
- Place the Monkfish in a steamer
- Top with the knobs of butter, the birds-eye red chilli, 2 slices of lime, 2 kaffir lime leaves, half the fresh ginger strips, half the garlic and half the lemongrass slices.
- Steam for 15 minutes
- Heat the rest of the ingredients in a pan and simmer for a couple of minutes
- Lift the fish carefully out of the steamer onto a heated plate and pour the sauce over the fish.
Serve with cauliflower rice (in place of jasmine rice) or steamed broccoli. Enjoy!
NOTE: I OFTEN ADJUST MY RECIPES WHEN I FIND NEW INGREDIENTS AND WILL UPDATE THE RECIPES ON MY BLOG ACCORDINGLY (RATHER THAN PRODUCING ANOTHER RECIPE), SO PLEASE ALWAYS CHECK BEFORE MAKING.