I’ve tried a few keto scone recipes, but have had to merge three recipes to get something that works with my preferred ingredients and that I actually like. So here it is: Probably the best keto scone recipe! They are slightly sweet and slightly moist with a great crumb, but not dry and crumbly. They are fantastic with just butter and equally delicious served with keto Strawberry Jam (from this blog) and lashings of whipped cream. At only 5 net carbs each, you can afford to add lashings of butter or cream and a tablespoon of jam!
Ingredients – For 8 Scones
- 2 cups Almond Flour
- 2.5 tblsp Bocha Sweet granular sweetener
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Xanthan Gum
- 2 tblsp Salted Butter (melted)
- 1 Large Egg (lightly whisked)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup Almond Milk
- Preheat your oven to 180*C and line a baking sheet with greaseproof paper
- In a large bowl, mix all the dry ingredients together
- In a jug, mix all the wet ingredients together
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and combine thoroughly. The mixture will be slightly sticky and this is fine. You should be able to divide the mixture into 8 equal portions, if your mixture is too sticky, then add a small amount of additional almond flour.
- Roll each 1/8 of mixture into a ball in your hands and place it on the baking sheet. Gently flatten it out to represent a scone shape. They only grow slightly in the oven, so bear this in mind. Don’t flatten them too thinly or you won’t be able to cut your scones in half.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 20-22 minutes, or until golden brown and firm, but springy to the touch.
- Leave to cool on the baking sheet.
Serve when thoroughly cold with lashings of butter, or with your favourite keto jam and whipped cream.
NOTE: I OFTEN ADJUST MY RECIPES WHEN I FIND NEW INGREDIENTS AND WILL UPDATE THE RECIPES ON MY BLOG ACCORDINGLY (RATHER THAN PRODUCING ANOTHER RECIPE), SO PLEASE ALWAYS CHECK BEFORE MAKING.