Summer is thinking about arriving here in the UK, so I’ve been inspired to make something with our rather wonderful English strawberries – and what could be nicer than Strawberry Jam? This easy to make, keto-friendly, sugar-free version of this English classic is sweet and delicious and just perfect on homemade keto scones or simply on toasted keto-bread (or as we do in Yorkshire: have a Jam Butty)! A 400g yield comes in at 20 tablespoons of jam at 1.5 net carbs per tablespoon.
Ingredients – For a 400g yield + 20 Tablespoons of Jam
- 400g Ripe Strawberries
- 30ml Vanilla Syrup Sweetener
- 30ml Cherry or Strawberry Absolut Vodka
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup Bocha Sweet Granular sweetener
- 1/4 cup White Chia Seeds
- Sterilise your Kilner jar(s)
- Wash & hull your strawberries and cut them into 2cm type pieces
- Add all the ingredients to a medium-sized, heavy-bottomed pan and bring to a boil. Stir and simmer until the strawberries are beginning to mush. If you prefer a jam with pieces of fruit as opposed to a smooth jam, then reserve 1/3 of your strawberries until later.
- Once the strawberries are broken down, stir in the chia seeds and simmer for a further 2-3 minutes until the seeds are softened. Then if you have reserved some of the strawberries, add them now and simmer for a further 2 minutes to soften them. They will also continue to soften further as the jam cools.
- Remove the jam from the heat and decant it into your Kilner jar. Close the lid tightly and allow the jam to cool fully. The jam will keep well in your fridge for a couple of weeks once opened.
NOTE: I OFTEN ADJUST MY RECIPES WHEN I FIND NEW INGREDIENTS AND WILL UPDATE THE RECIPES ON MY BLOG ACCORDINGLY (RATHER THAN PRODUCING ANOTHER RECIPE), SO PLEASE ALWAYS CHECK BEFORE MAKING.