STRAWBERRY & CHERRY VODKA JAM
OMG – Who can eat jam like this on a diet? This fantastic, sweet, and flavourful jam is a must for anyone with a sweet tooth on a keto, low-carb or regular low-calorie diet. The only carbohydrates come from the strawberries themselves and at only 1.65 carbs per tablespoon, it’s a lovely breakfast or afternoon treat you simply can’t afford to miss. The cherry vodka adds a wonderfully decadent feel to the jam to make it a special Christmas treat.
Ingredients – For 1 1/2 jars of jam
- 850g Strawberries (topped and cut into quarters)
- 25ml Skinny Syrup – Brown Sugar
- 25ml Skinny Syrup – Vanilla
- 2 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 100ml Absolut Cherry Vodka
- 4 tblsp Chia seeds (I used black, but think white would look better in this recipe)
- Sterilise a large and a small kilner jar (1.5lb total). Keep hot in the oven.
- Quarter the washed and topped strawberries and add them to a large heavy-bottomed pan
- Add the syrups, vanilla essence and vodka and simmer until the strawberries break down (this will take about 10 minutes)
- Add 4 tblsp chia seeds (I used black in my jam, but feel that white ones would look much better). Stir and simmer for 5 minutes
- Decant the thickened jam into the hot kilner jars and once cool, store in the fridge.
This jam is wonderful on keto bread rolls with creamy butter. I am going to try using it in a Victoria Sponge and other recipes and will let you know how this goes. Enjoy!
NOTE: I OFTEN ADJUST MY RECIPES WHEN I FIND NEW INGREDIENTS AND WILL UPDATE THE RECIPES ON MY BLOG ACCORDINGLY (RATHER THAN PRODUCING ANOTHER RECIPE), SO PLEASE ALWAYS CHECK BEFORE MAKING.