This squid recipe is tasty,healthy, and easy to make. I have made it today for dinner with freshly baked bread.(country bread receipe is in my previous post)You can serve it with piece of bread or rice noodles. it makes a one-pot meal complete with plenty of nutritious vegetables. The squid is stir-fried briefly, so it is very tender and never rubbery. You can also simply serve the stir-fried squid with plain rice.Makes a terrific seafood dish for any occasion.
2 tbsp olive oil
1 red onion, thinly sliced
3 cloves Garlic
200g cleaned fresh squid, cut it into strips (about 2-3 cups worth)
125g very ripe cherry tomatoes, halved
4 tbsp chopped flat-leaved parsley
2 tbsp soy sauce
freshly ground black pepper
1 lemon, quartered
2 carots,cut a carrot thinly and diagonally
other vegetables of your choice (1/2 to 1 cup green beans)
1 slightly grilled red bell Pepper( cut into 2-inch lengths)
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp coriander powder
2 tbsp wine vinegar
1. Heat the olive oil in a saucepan and lightly fry the onion, garlic and peppers in olive oil for 1 minute. Add the sugar, vinegar, coriander powder, sweet paprika/chilli and salt for seasoning Add the carrots, Stir-fry 2-3 minutes, or until vegetables are soft.
2. Remove from the heat and check the seasoning.
3. Heat a cast iron frying pan until very hot. Add a splash of olive oil and Add the squid and Stir-fry for about 2 minutes, or until squid curls up and the meat is tender. Does not over-cook or squid will become rubbery (3 minute’s maximum). Add the cherry tomatoes and parsley and cut bell pepper, soy sauce and freshly ground black pepper. Let it cook for 2 minutes and add the vegetable mix we have prepared earlier.
4. Check the seasoning. If not salty enough, add more soy sauce. If not spicy enough, add a little more chili.
5. To serve, slide noodles /piece of bread onto a serving platter. Top with the stir-fried squid and vegetables. Add sprinklings of fresh basil and coriander, and enjoy!!!