SIMPLY THE BEST KETO PASTA
I’ve discovered a new way to make keto pasta! It is nothing short of amazing and this is absolutely the best keto pasta I have made. I’ve had several attempts and had to juggle a number of ingredients, but I’ve got there. This recipe has successfully made sheets of pasta for lasagna and it has also gone through my pasta machine to make spaghetti, tagliatelle and tagliolini. It is also incredibly easy to cut into shape if you don’t have a pasta machine. It keeps in the fridge for up to 4 days in a Tupperware or similar container and can be frozen (if frozen in sheet form) with greaseproof paper between the sheets. The pasta has an incredibly bland taste (so I add a little black pepper), but it has the dry and slightly plastic stretch to it that you’d find in regular fresh pasta. It twirls on your fork and holds its shape well too when mixed with sauce. At only 3 net carbs per batch (so 1.5 net carbs per serving), you never have to miss out on pasta again!
Ingredients – For 2 servings
- 60g Cream Cheese (Important to have it at room temperature)
- 3 Large Eggs
- 10g Oat Fiber (I use the Whole Foods brand)
- Salt & black pepper to taste (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 160*C
- Add all the ingredients to a large bowl and whisk together thoroughly
- The mixture will look similar to a pancake mix.
- Pour the mix onto a lined baking tin or tray and ensure that the tin/tray is level and that the mixture is evenly distributed across the tin with an even depth of mixture. The cooked pasta sheet will look exactly as it does as a liquid in your tin. I use a purpose-bought silicone swiss roll cake mat because it has edges to contain the liquid and I place it on the upside-down grill tray in my oven. This ensures a perfectly even pasta sheet.
- Bake in the oven for 9 minutes exactly. Too little and the mixture will be too soft and collapse. Too much and the pasta sheets will be brittle and break.
- Once cooked, remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Then cut into sheets that will either fit your pasta machine or for your particular purpose.
- The pasta can be reheated in the microwave for 10-15 seconds and then through the heat of the hot sauce that you add to it. Don’t over re-heat your pasta, or it will go hard.
NOTE: I OFTEN ADJUST MY RECIPES WHEN I FIND NEW INGREDIENTS AND WILL UPDATE THE RECIPES ON MY BLOG ACCORDINGLY (RATHER THAN PRODUCING ANOTHER RECIPE), SO PLEASE ALWAYS CHECK BEFORE MAKING.