SIMPLY THE BEST KETO CUSTARD
I have tried so many versions of custard, but this simple recipe works every time, without separating as it is cooked. It’s rich and creamy, sweet and comforting and at exactly the right consistency for pouring.
Ingredients – for 4 Servings
- 250ml Double Cream
- 100ml Almond Milk
- 50ml Skinny Syrup – Vanilla or Brown Sugar
- 3 medium Eggs
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Whisk the eggs and vanilla extract lightly together in a large jug
- Heat the cream, almond milk and skinny syrup, slowly in a pan until just boiling
- When the creamy/milk is about to boil, pour it into the eggs and whisk together to combine
- Return to the pan and heat gently whilst stirring continuously until the custard is thickens against the back of a wooden spoon
Pour and enjoy!
For chocolate custard, add 1 tblsp of high cocoa-content cocoa powder or 4-6 squares of 100% black chocolate.
NOTE: I OFTEN ADJUST MY RECIPES WHEN I FIND NEW INGREDIENTS AND WILL UPDATE THE RECIPES ON MY BLOG ACCORDINGLY (RATHER THAN PRODUCING ANOTHER RECIPE), SO PLEASE ALWAYS CHECK BEFORE MAKING.