SIMPLY THE BEST BREAD ROLLS
I found this recipe on www.dietdoctor.com. I have tried to adapt it many times, but to no avail. This is simply the best Keto bread recipe I have found and tampering with the ingredients has not worked for me. They are made in 10 minutes and bake in 50 minutes – and the house smells wonderful. These rolls are like half-white/half-brown rolls and perfect for sandwiches, as burger buns, or simply smeared with your favourite butter. It’s not brilliant to toast, but other than that, it’s perfect and with only 2g of carbs per roll, it’s a brilliant godsend.
Ingredients – For 6 bread rolls
- 1 1/4 cups Almond Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 5 tblsp Psyllium Husk Powder
- 1/2 cup Egg Whites (3-4 eggs depending upon size)
- 2 tsp Cider Vinegar
- 1 cup Quite warm water (hot but not boiling)
- Preheat the oven to 175*C
- Mix the dry ingredients well in a bowl
- Add the cider vinegar to a one-cup measure and then fill it with your hot water
- Pour the egg whites and the hot water & vinegar into the dry ingredients & mix well with a large spoon.
- The baking powder and vinegar will react, creating a bubbling/fizzing effect until stirred in and this is perfectly normal.
- After a minute or two, the mixture will firm up and resemble a play-doh texture.
- With a little oil on your hands, divide the mixture into six equal pieces and roll them into bread-roll shapes
- Place on a baking sheet, sprinkle with a little sea-salt or seeds of your choice and bake in the centre of the oven for 50 minutes.
Serve just with butter, as sandwiches, or with any topping of your choice. Enjoy!
NOTE: I OFTEN ADJUST MY RECIPES WHEN I FIND NEW INGREDIENTS AND WILL UPDATE THE RECIPES ON MY BLOG ACCORDINGLY (RATHER THAN PRODUCING ANOTHER RECIPE), SO PLEASE ALWAYS CHECK BEFORE MAKING.