This lovely, seeded loaf is simple to make and is incredibly filling. It is delicious with both sweet and savoury toppings, or just toasted with lashings of butter. Made in a regular loaf tin, this hearty bread will slice into 20 servings and has just 2g of carbs per slice. It keeps well in the fridge for 3 days and also freezes perfectly. I usually slice the bread and place a piece of greaseproof paper between each slice prior to freezing. Unlike other keto breads, this bread toasts nicely, but I find it needs to be toasted 2 or 3 times for a short time, rather than all at once, to prevent the edges burning.
(Recipe tried, tested and adapted from www.dietdoctor.com)
Ingredients (20 Slice Loaf)
- 1 cup Almond Flour
- 3/4 cup Coconut Flour
- 1/3 cup Sesame Seeds
- 1/3 cup Flaxseed or Linseeds
- 1/4 cup Psyllium Husk
- 3 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 7 oz Cream Cheese (at room temperature)
- 5 large Eggs
- 1/2 cup Melted Butter
- 1/2 cup Double Cream
- 1/4 cup Almond Milk
- Preheat the oven to 175*C
- Line a loaf tin with greaseproof paper
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a large bowl
- Whisk the eggs, cream cheese, melted butter, cream and milk together in another large bowl until smooth
- Stir the whisked wet mixture into the dry ingredients and combine thoroughly
- Pour the loaf batter into the lined loaf tin and bake in the centre of the oven for 45 minutes
- Remove from the oven, turn out of the tin and remove the greaseproof paper. Allow to cool on a wire rack.
This loaf is fantastic served with keto jam and is lovely toasted to serve with poached or scrambled eggs and bacon. Enjoy!
NOTE: I OFTEN ADJUST MY RECIPES WHEN I FIND NEW INGREDIENTS AND WILL UPDATE THE RECIPES ON MY BLOG ACCORDINGLY (RATHER THAN PRODUCING ANOTHER RECIPE), SO PLEASE ALWAYS CHECK BEFORE MAKING.