RUSTIC WALNUT BREAD
A rustic variation on the best keto rolls, this lovely nutty bread has become a firm favourite in our house. It is wonderful just on its own with lashings of butter (particularly when it is hot, straight from the oven) or as a hearty and filling accompaniment to any meal, particularly when you are serving a salad with vinaigrette. It has 4.5g carbs per slice, so more low-carb than keto, and takes less than an hour to make and bake!
Ingredients – One loaf makes 10 slices
- 250g Coconut Flour
- 2 tblsp Psyllium Husk
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tblsp Baking Powder
- 4 medium Eggs
- 4 tblsp Olive Oil
- 2 tblsp Cider Vinegar
- 50 ml Boiling Water
- 100g Walnuts (chopped)
- Preheat the oven to 175*C
- Combine all the dry ingredients well in a bowl
- Lightly mix the eggs and the olive oil in a separate bowl
- Add the egg and oil mixture to the dry ingredients and mix together thoroughly. It will form a dry, crumbly mix.
- Then add the cider vinegar and again, mix well before stirring through the chopped walnuts.
- Add half of the boiling water and stir it through the mix, then add the second half of the boiling water and stir well again.
- The dough will resemble play-dough with nuts in!
- Gently shape the dough, using your hands, into either a round or an oval shape (your preference) on greaseproof paper on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until it is golden brown and makes a hollow sound when you tap the bottom.
It’s wonderful with just butter, or with cheese. One could have honey with it too, but that’s not good for those of you following a keto or low-carb diet. Enjoy!
NOTE: I OFTEN ADJUST MY RECIPES WHEN I FIND NEW INGREDIENTS AND WILL UPDATE THE RECIPES ON MY BLOG ACCORDINGLY (RATHER THAN PRODUCING ANOTHER RECIPE), SO PLEASE ALWAYS CHECK BEFORE MAKING.