RUSTIC MINCED BEEF PIE
Wonderful rustic suet pastry crust on top of a minced-beef, onion and mushroom filling. A true winter-warmer that is full of flavour and only 7.5 carbs per serving.
Ingredients – Serves 6
- 1 batch Rustic Suet Pastry (recipe published on the information page for Keto Pastry)
- knob Butter to sauté onion
- 1/2 White Onion (chopped)
- 100g Chestnut Mushrooms (quartered)
- 1lb Minced Beef
- 1 Oxo Stock Cube
- 100g Cream Cheese
- Salt & Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180*C
- Make the pastry early and leave it in the fridge to chill and rest
- Sauté the onion in the butter until softened
- Add the minced beef and stir well until broken down and lightly browned
- Add the mushrooms and allow them to cook into the meat for 10 minutes
- When softened, add the cream cheese and melt it thoroughly into the meat mixture
- One boiling, turn the heat down to simmer and add the stock cube and salt and pepper to taste
- Leave to simmer for 20 minutes. Add a little water if necessary to keep the mixture soft and moist
- When cooked, pour the meat into your preferred pie dish
- Roll out your pre-prepared pastry between two sheets of greaseproof paper, patchwork it together if necessary
- Place the pastry on top of the pie and bake in the centre of the oven for 20-25 minutes until the pastry is crisp and brown
Serve with creamed spinach, green beans, roasted vegetables or baked cabbage gratin. Enjoy!
NOTE: I OFTEN ADJUST MY RECIPES WHEN I FIND NEW INGREDIENTS AND WILL UPDATE THE RECIPES ON MY BLOG ACCORDINGLY (RATHER THAN PRODUCING ANOTHER RECIPE), SO PLEASE ALWAYS CHECK BEFORE MAKING.