ROASTED ROMANESCO CAULIFLOWER
This is a truly lovely vegetable dish. This lovely, earthy, dark green and beautifully shaped cauliflower is roasted with lemon and garlic and is the perfect accompaniment to roast beef (and keto Yorkshire Puddings) or with roasted or pan-fried chicken. The lemon and garlic bring a fresh taste to what is sometimes quite an ordinary vegetable. This dish is also delicious served cold with cold meats or chicken. A medium-sized cauliflower will deliver 4 servings at just 5 net carbs per serving.
Ingredients – For 4 Servings
- I head of Romanesco Cauliflower (roughly 450/500g)
- 2 tblsp Olive Oil
- 3 Cloves Garlic (crushed)
- 1 Lemon – Zest
- 3 tblsp Lemon juice (roughly half a lemon)
- Salt & Black Pepper
- Preheat your oven to 200*C
- Cut your Romanesco Cauliflower from the bottom by removing the thickest part of the base and separating the florets into individual pieces. When you get towards the top and the florets are smaller, then cut them off in twos or threes to produce florets of a similar size to ensure even roasting. Place evenly on a lined baking tray or dish.
- Mix all the other ingredients together, well, in a small bowl and when thoroughly combined, drizzle it evenly over the cauliflower florets.
- Roast towards the top of the oven for 20 minutes and then turn the florets over. Roast for a further 15 minutes and serve immediately.
NOTE: I OFTEN ADJUST MY RECIPES WHEN I FIND NEW INGREDIENTS AND WILL UPDATE THE RECIPES ON MY BLOG ACCORDINGLY (RATHER THAN PRODUCING ANOTHER RECIPE), SO PLEASE ALWAYS CHECK BEFORE MAKING.