ROASTED GREEN BEANS WITH PARMESAN
This is one of my favourite vegetable dishes. It takes seconds to prepare and is a wonderful accompaniment to chicken, pork, steak, pies. I found the recipe on www.dietdoctor.com and have only added a little more parmesan than they use. This lovely, and simple, dish is really delicious and only has 6g carbs per serving.
Ingredients – 4 Servings
- 400g Green Beans
- 50g Parmesan Cheese – finely grated
- 1 medium Egg
- 2 tblsp Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200*C
- Whisk together the egg, oil, salt and pepper in a large, shallow bowl
- Add the cleaned beans to the egg mix and stir around gently to coat all the beans in the egg mixture
- Remove any excess egg mixture and stir through the grated parmesan, covering the beans evenly
- Spread the beans evenly, in a single layer, on a lined baking tray and bake for 15 minutes until the cheese has melted and started to turn brown
OPTION: You can add crushed garlic (or garlic granules) and chilli flakes for additional flavour. Enjoy!
NOTE: I OFTEN ADJUST MY RECIPES WHEN I FIND NEW INGREDIENTS AND WILL UPDATE THE RECIPES ON MY BLOG ACCORDINGLY (RATHER THAN PRODUCING ANOTHER RECIPE), SO PLEASE ALWAYS CHECK BEFORE MAKING.