ROAST CHICKEN BREASTS WITH
LEMON & HERBS
This is one of those wonderful rustic dishes that takes just 10 minutes to prepare in the morning and then is simply put into the oven to bake, with an enticing aroma of tangy lemon and herbs filling the kitchen. With only 4 carbs per portion, this is a hearty and delicious addition to any menu.
Ingredients – for 4 servings
- 4 Chicken Breasts with the skins on (you can use thighs if you prefer)
- 1 1/2 Lemons – juice only
- 3 tblsp Red Wine Vinegar (cider vinegar is also ok, but the red has a fuller flavour)
- 1/4 cup Light Olive Oil
- 2 cloves Garlic – crushed
- 2 tblsp Fresh Oregano (chopped finely)
- 2 tblsp Fresh Thyme (chopped finely)
- 1 tsp Dried chilli flakes
- Salt & Pepper
- 1/2 Lemon sliced or quartered for roasting decoration
- Mix all the marinade ingredients in a jug.
- Put the chicken pieces into a bowl or large ziplock bag. Pour the marinade over. Add the additional lemon pieces and a few full sprigs of Thyme (unchopped).
- Seal the bag or cover in clingfilm and leave in the fridge until required.
- Preheat your oven to 200*C
- Line your baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and place on the baking tray, skin side up. Place the sprigs of thyme and the pieces of lemon amongst the chicken for additional flavour whilst baking.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until the chicken is fully cooked and the skin is brown and crispy.
- Allow resting for a couple of minutes before serving.
Serve with cauliflower rice and roasted vine tomatoes. Enjoy!
NOTE: I OFTEN ADJUST MY RECIPES WHEN I FIND NEW INGREDIENTS AND WILL UPDATE THE RECIPES ON MY BLOG ACCORDINGLY (RATHER THAN PRODUCING ANOTHER RECIPE), SO PLEASE ALWAYS CHECK BEFORE MAKING.