I just love beetroot. I particularly love it roasted or pickled. This easy roast beetroot recipe is a favourite in our family and although not a keto purist, I have adapted this recipe to be as keto and low-carb friendly as possible. 3 medium beets are used in this recipe and this will enable you to serve 3 wedges of beetroot per serving (which is plenty as a side dish with your favourite roast). Each serving of 3 wedges will deliver just 3.5 net carbs, so if you love beetroot too, you can enjoy it regularly when they are in season!
Ingredients – For 4 Servings
- 3 medium Beets (approximatrely 200g)
- 3 tblsp Olive Oil
- 1 clove of Garlic (crushed)
- 1 teaspoon of Bocha Sweet granular sugar substitute
- Salt & Pepper
- Pinch of fresh Thyme (dried will be ok, too)
- Preheat the oven to 175*C
- Line a baking tray or dish
- Wash the beets well under cold running water. Wear rubber gloves to prevent your hands from staining. Top and tail the beets and then cut each into 4 wedges
- Place the wedges on the baking tray and drizzle with the oil. Sprinkle the garlic and sugar over the top, together with salt & pepper.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 20 minutes, turn the wedges over and bake for a further 15-20 minutes until tender.
- Once tender, remove from the oven and sprinkle with a little fresh (or dried) Thyme to serve.
This dish can be served hot from the oven, or cold as an accompaniment to cold meats or chicken. Enjoy!
NOTE: I OFTEN ADJUST MY RECIPES WHEN I FIND NEW INGREDIENTS AND WILL UPDATE THE RECIPES ON MY BLOG ACCORDINGLY (RATHER THAN PRODUCING ANOTHER RECIPE), SO PLEASE ALWAYS CHECK BEFORE MAKING.