This lovely sweet and tart coulis is perfect for serving over Panna Cotta or Ice-Cream. It takes just a few moments to make, can be stored in your fridge for a couple of weeks (if it lasts that long) and one batch will make approximately 350ml of coulis, which equates to 24 tablespoons at 0.6 net carbs each.
INGREDIENTS – for 350ml of Coulis
- 300g Fresh Raspberries
- 6 tblsp BochaSweet Granulated Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 tsp Gelatine Powder
- 1/4 Cup cold water
- Add the gelatine powder to 1/4 cup cold water in a small bowl. Stir well and leave for a couple of minutes whilst you prepare the raspberries
- Add the raspberries, BochaSweet and vanilla to a pan and gently heat until simmering. With a wooden spoon gently break up the raspberries until they have disintegrated and the sugar has dissolved. This should only take a minute or two.
- Press the raspberry mix through a fine-mesh sieve until all the juice has been extracted.
- Pour the sieved juice back into the pan and stir through the gelatine until thoroughly melted and incorporated.
- Allow cooling for a little while before decanting into a storage bottle for the fridge.
NOTE: I OFTEN ADJUST MY RECIPES WHEN I FIND NEW INGREDIENTS AND WILL UPDATE THE RECIPES ON MY BLOG ACCORDINGLY (RATHER THAN PRODUCING ANOTHER RECIPE), SO PLEASE ALWAYS CHECK BEFORE MAKING.