This lovely, cooling and fresh accompaniment is perfect to serve with my Indian Samosa Pinwheels or to be used as an individual salad dish. It takes just minutes to prepare and this recipe produces a 250g tub of Raita, which is roughly 10tblsp. Each tblsp of Raita comes in at 0.8g net carbs. The total recipe is just 8.4g.
Ingredients – for 250g Tub of Raita
- 1/2 Cucumber
- 170g Fage Greek Yoghurt (or any low-carb Greek Yoghurt)
- 1/2 Clove of Garlic (crushed)
- 2 tblsp Cider Vinegar
- 10 Fresh Mint leaves (finely chopped)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Cut the cucumber into quarters lengthwise and with a spoon gently scrape away the seed part from the middle
- Chop the cucumber finely (or blitz it in a ninja into small pieces) and stir it through the yoghurt
- Add the minced garlic, cider vinegar and mint leaves and stir thoroughly to evenly combine
- Season to taste with salt & pepper and refrigerate for an hour before use.
NOTE: I OFTEN ADJUST MY RECIPES WHEN I FIND NEW INGREDIENTS AND WILL UPDATE THE RECIPES ON MY BLOG ACCORDINGLY (RATHER THAN PRODUCING ANOTHER RECIPE), SO PLEASE ALWAYS CHECK BEFORE MAKING.