This is a wonderfully tasty and quick dish to prepare. Packed full of flavour, the prawns and zucchini in a rich creamy cheese sauce is a perfect dish to serve alone, with a slice of keto bread or as an accompaniment to roast chicken or a hearty sirloin steak. With only 9.5 carbs per serving as a meal or 5 carbs as an accompaniment, this is a hearty and delicious addition to any keto menu.
Ingredients – for 2 meals or 4 side dishes
- 1 knob Butter
- 4 large Uncooked Prawns with tails on – 2 per person
- 1 clove Garlic (crushed)
- 250g Cream Cheese
- 100ml Double Cream (sour cream can also be used)
- 2 tblsp Parmesan (grated finely)
- 250g Zucchini (Courgette)
- 300g Large cooked prawns (can use defrosted, frozen prawns)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Melt the butter in a large open frying pan and sauteé the garlic until soft
- Quickly pan-fry the large uncooked prawns until cooked through & caramelised with the butter and garlic. Take out of the pan and reserve.
- Soften the zucchini noodles in the hot butter and garlic.
- Stir through the cream cheese through the butter & garlic until melted and well combined
- Add the double cream and parmesan cheese, stir well and heat through
- Stir through the prawns until fully heated and any additional liquid has evaporated
- Season to taste
- Serve immediately with two large prawns on top
Serve, steaming hot, in a bowl with keto garlic bread, or serve as a side dish to roast chicken or a hearty sirloin steak. Enjoy!