This timeless classic is a firm favourite as a starter course in our household. There’s something rather special about plump juicy prawns smothered in home-made, tangy, sweet cocktail sauce. With only 5.5 carbs per serving, this is a nutritious, healthy, keto-friendly option. Served in cocktail or dessert glasses, they make for impressive starters.
Ingredients – for 4 Servings
- 40 Cooked prawns (defrosted) and sliced diagonally into 4 pieces
- 4 leaves Iceberg Lettuce (shredded)
- 8 Cherry tomatoes (cut in halves)
- 1 Lemon (cut into quarters for garnish and squeezing)
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup Reduced Sugar Ketchup
- 1 tblsp Creamed Horseradish
- 1 tblsp Lemon Juice
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- A splash of tabasco sauce if you favour a more spicy sauce
- Defrost the prawns in the fridge in a covered bowl or lidded container
- Mix all the cocktail sauce ingredients together in a bowl
- Season to taste and adjust taste accordingly
- Keep in an airtight container in the fridge until required
To assemble the Prawn Cocktails:
- Shred the leaves of lettuce and share it equally in the bottom of your serving glasses
- Place the carefully drained prawns on top of the lettuce with two of the halved tomatoes per serving
- Dollop 2-3 tablespoons of cocktail sauce on top
- Sprinkle with paprika and serve with a wedge of lemon.
Serve with the “Simply The Best Bread Rolls” and creamy, salted butter. Enjoy!
NOTE: I OFTEN ADJUST MY RECIPES WHEN I FIND NEW INGREDIENTS AND WILL UPDATE THE RECIPES ON MY BLOG ACCORDINGLY (RATHER THAN PRODUCING ANOTHER RECIPE), SO PLEASE ALWAYS CHECK BEFORE MAKING.