Oh, this is so wonderful. If you love sweet, crunchy, nutty toppings for your desserts, then this is a to-die-for recipe! So simple and so wonderful. The sweet tang of almost pure (keto) sugar combined with the distinctive taste of pistachio is the perfect combination for ice-creams, panna cotta and other creamy desserts. This recipe will make enough to generously top 12 desserts and it can be stored in a glass jar in the fridge for weeks. If you have a seriously sweet tooth, this is the recipe for you and it’s only 1.3 net carbs per tablespoon of topping!
INGREDIENTS – for 12 dessert toppings
- 100g shelled Pistachios
- 2 tblsp cold water
- 100g Bocha Sweet granular sweetener
- Shell the pistachios and place the kernels in the centre of a heavy baking tray, lined with greaseproof paper
- Heat the sugar and water in a heavy-bottomed pan until it is golden brown. This will take approximately 12-15 minutes. I find that once the sugar mixture stops boiling and the pan starts to smoke, this is when the praline mix will be ready.
- Carefully (as this mixture is incredibly hot) pour over the nuts. You may wish to put the baking tray onto a trivet to protect your kitchen surface from the heat.
- Allow the praline to cool enough to be able to then put it into the fridge to set thoroughly. This will take an hour or two. If you are impatient like me, I sometimes pop it into the freezer for half an hour.
- Once fully chilled and brittle, break into small pieces and whizz it through a small blender to chop it into small pieces. Don’t whizz` it too much, or you’ll end up with very sweet dust!
- Keep in a glass jar in the fridge for a few weeks!
NOTE: I OFTEN ADJUST MY RECIPES WHEN I FIND NEW INGREDIENTS AND WILL UPDATE THE RECIPES ON MY BLOG ACCORDINGLY (RATHER THAN PRODUCING ANOTHER RECIPE), SO PLEASE ALWAYS CHECK BEFORE MAKING.