This is the perfect accompaniment to Persian Lemon Chicken Skewers. This rice is made from cauliflower to qualify as a keto or low-carb alternative, but is just perfect with the addition of the saffron, turmeric, chives and toasted almond slivers. This lovely, exotic and tasty dish comes in at just 8.5 net carbs per large serving and 6 net carbs per small serving.
INGREDIENTS – For 4 Large (or 6 Smaller) Servings
- 6 Cups of grated Cauliflower (A medium/large cauliflower)
- 40g Flaked Almonds – dry roasted for 2 mins in a very hot pan until they are lightly browned
- 4 Spring Onions – sliced
- 12 Chives – chopped
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric
- 1/4 tsp Saffron (ground and dissolved in 2 tblsp hot water)
- Knob of butter
- Salt & Black Pepper to taste
- Quickly dry heat the flaked almonds in a hot pan until lightly golden brown and then set aside
- Grate the cauliflower – and mind your fingers!
- Add to a microwaveable dish and put the knob of butter on the top.
- Microwave on full for 2 minutes
- Dissolve the turmeric and saffron in 2 tblsp of hot water and stir this through the rice, to ensure an even golden yellow colour
- Microwave on full for a further 2 minutes (or until the cauliflower is cooked, but still holding its granular shape)
- Add salt & pepper to taste
- Slice the spring onions and chop the chives.
- Once the cauliflower is cooked, add the spring onions, chives and flaked almonds and stir through well
- Serve immediately.
NOTE: I OFTEN ADJUST MY RECIPES WHEN I FIND NEW INGREDIENTS AND WILL UPDATE THE RECIPES ON MY BLOG ACCORDINGLY (RATHER THAN PRODUCING ANOTHER RECIPE), SO PLEASE ALWAYS CHECK BEFORE MAKING.