My favourite fruit is Mango, particularly Thai mango. There’s simply nothing nicer than mango sorbet, mango coulis, fresh ripe cold mango pieces from the fridge on a hot, summer’s day. It’s difficult on a keto or low-carb diet to incorporate much fruit as most fruits (including mango) contain so much natural sugar. However, a coulis on a keto dessert like panna cotta or ice-cream is a totally acceptable way of getting that sweet fruity taste fix, without breaking the bank on your net carb allowance. This particular coulis is so simple to make, gives you approximately 350ml of coulis, which equates to 23 tblsp of coulis at just 1.7 net carbs per tblsp. Wonderful!
INGREDIENTS – FOR 350ml Coulis
- 400g Ripe Mango flesh
- 25g Bocha Sweet Granular Sweetener
- 2 tblsp water
- 1 tblsp Lime Juice (freshly squeezed)
- Peel and de-stone your mangos
- Chop the mango into 1cm cubes
- Add the mango cubes and the sugar to a pan and gently bring to a boil with 2 tblsp water
- Gently break down the mango with a wooden spoon as the mango cooks. This will only take 7-10 mintues.
- Remove from the heat and taste. Add lime juice to sharpen the taste if required.
- Blitz the mango with a hand blitzer until thoroughly broken down
- I prefer a really smooth coulis, so I push the blitzed mango through a fine-mesh sieve to remove any mango fibres.
- Pour the coulis into sterilised bottles and store in the fridge (once thoroughly cooled) for up to a month.
- Pour over ice cream, panna cotta (and anything else you fancy). Just remember to add the net carbs to your daily intake.
NOTE: I OFTEN ADJUST MY RECIPES WHEN I FIND NEW INGREDIENTS AND WILL UPDATE THE RECIPES ON MY BLOG ACCORDINGLY (RATHER THAN PRODUCING ANOTHER RECIPE), SO PLEASE ALWAYS CHECK BEFORE MAKING.