Lobster Nutritional Values :
Lobster meat contains omega-3 fatty acids, which is known to decrease the risk of heart disease.
Lobsters are high in amino acids and contain the amino acid lysine.
Lobsters are high in potassium, magnesium , vitamin B2 (riboflavin), B3(niacin), B6, and B12.
Lobsters are high in calcium, phosphorous, iron and zinc.
Below is the recipe for a simple but delicious, steamed Lobster dish I have made …
Steam lobsters :
1. Fill pot with 2 inches of seawater or salted water
2. Bring the water to a boil over high heat.
3. Add lobster one at a time, head first. Cover the pot.
4. Steam 25 minutes for 3 pounds.
If the lobster weighs: Steam:
1 pound 10 minutes
1-1/4 pounds 12 minutes
1-1/2 pounds 14 minutes
1-3/4 pounds 16 minutes
2 pounds 18 minutes
2-1/2 pounds 22 minutes
3 pounds 25-30 minutes
5 pounds 40-45 minutes
5. Regulate the heat if the froth starts to bubble over.
6. Lobsters are done when the outer shell is bright red, when the meat is white, and when the 2 front antennae pull out easily. DO NOT overcook.