LEMON CARAWAY CAKE
You know when you just fancy a piece of cake with a cup of coffee or tea? Well, I have found this to be one of my favourite guilt-free pleasures. With only 5 carbs per slice, this cake is tangy, sweet and exotic and reminds me of coming home from a long walk on a cold autumnal day and sitting inside with a steaming-hot cup of coffee and a warm glow in my cheeks.
Ingredients – For a ten-slice loaf cake
- 200g Almond Flour
- 25g Coconut Flour
- 1 tsp Caraway Seeds
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Xanthan Gum
- 4 medium Eggs
- 2 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 100ml Vanilla or Brown Sugar Skinny Syrup (as sugar replacement)
- 200g Melted Butter
- 1 whole Lemon (finely grated rind and the juice)
- A drop of unsweetened almond milk if required
- Preheat the oven to 175*C
- Line and lightly butter a regular loaf tin
- Add all the ingredients to a large bowl and mix with an electric mixer until combined well. Add a drop of unsweetened almond milk if the cake batter is a little dry
- Pour the batter into the loaf tin, level off the batter and bake in the centre of the oven for 45 minutes or until a cake skewer comes out clean.
- Cool the cake in the tin.
Slice, serve and enjoy!
TOP TIP: On cold, wintry days, I often serve the cake as a pudding (warmed in the microwave for 20 seconds), with home-made keto custard.
NOTE: I OFTEN ADJUST MY RECIPES WHEN I FIND NEW INGREDIENTS AND WILL UPDATE THE RECIPES ON MY BLOG ACCORDINGLY (RATHER THAN PRODUCING ANOTHER RECIPE), SO PLEASE ALWAYS CHECK BEFORE MAKING.