These lovely seeded crackers are a staple snack in our house. They are so easy to make and have a lovely crispy texture. Delicious simply loaded with butter, but also delicious with Tirokafteri, butter and avocado slices, or butter and your favourite keto jam! This recipe makes 18 substantial crackers (as I like them quite thick) and each cracker comes out at 1.5 carbs each. Credit for the recipe goes to www.dietdoctor.com.
Ingredients (for 18 crackers)
- 1/3 cup Almond Flour
- 1/3 cup Sunflower Seeds
- 1/3 cup Pumpkin Seeds
- 1/3 cup Linseeds or Flax Seeds
- 1/3 cup Sesame Seeds
- 1 tblsp Psyllium Husk
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/4 cup Melted Coconut Oil
- 1 cup Boiling Water
- Preheat the oven to 150*C (fan oven) 170*C (regular oven)
- Line a thick, flat baking tray with greaseproof paper
- Add all the dry ingredients into a bowl and mix well to combine thoroughly
- Add the boiling water and coconut oil and mix together well.
- It will continue to thicken and become glossy, with a thick gel-like consistency
- Pour the mixture onto the lined baking tray and spread evenly across the whole of the tray with the back of a large metal spoon. Neaten the edges by pushing together with the back of your spoon.
- Bake in the centre of your oven for 45 minutes, until golden brown.
- Take out of the oven and carefully score the hot cracker mixture into 18 even pieces. (I find it easier to simply cut through the dough completely)
- Turn off the oven and return the crackers to the oven, on the baking tray, to dry out. Leave them there until the oven is cold again.
- Store in an airtight container in a cupboard. They will stay fresh for up to a week (if they last that long).
NOTE: I OFTEN ADJUST MY RECIPES WHEN I FIND NEW INGREDIENTS AND WILL UPDATE THE RECIPES ON MY BLOG ACCORDINGLY (RATHER THAN PRODUCING ANOTHER RECIPE), SO PLEASE ALWAYS CHECK BEFORE MAKING.