If you are looking for unique, fun and delicious way to cook chicken breast, then this is the recipe for you. A delicate operation is required to ensure maximum flavor saturation in these grilled chicken breasts. Rest assured the work is well worth it. These delicious delicacies are sure to please. I have used mushroom, onion pepper combo as a filling, you can use any vegetable of your choice to enhance the flavors.
¼ cup shitake mushrooms, grilled and roughly chopped
¼ cup red bell peppers, finely diced
¼ cup Garlic and Herb Rub
4 shallots, roughly chopped
1 tbsp. fresh sage, chopped
2 tbsp. butter, melted
2 sun dried tomatoes sliced
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
6 large skin-on chicken Supremes (boneless breasts)
2 tbsp. shitake mushrooms, grilled and finely chopped
¼ cup Garlic and Herb Rub
2 tsp. fresh sage, chopped
¼ cup frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
Salt and freshly ground pepper
¼ cup olive oil
1. Combine the ¼ cup mushrooms, red peppers, ¼ cup Garlic and Herb rub, shallots, sun dried tomatoes 1 tbsp. sage, melted butter. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
2. Set a chicken breast on a flat surface. With your fingers, gently push a pocket under the skin from beside the wing bone up over the top of the breast. Do not remove the skin entirely. Take 1 or 2 tbsp. of the mushroom mixture and gently push it into the little pocket. Don’t force too much in. The pocket should hold at least 1 to 2 tbsp., depending on the breast size. Secure the pocket with a toothpick and press down lightly to adhere seasoning mixture and skin to the breast. Cover the stuffed breasts and refrigerate for 1 hour.
3. For the Vinagrette -In a saucepan, heat the 2 tbsp. mushrooms, ¼ cup Garlic and Herb Rub, and 2 tsp. sage over medium-high heat, stirring frequently. When thoroughly heated, add the orange juice, vinegar, and the oil and remove from the heat. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside at room temperature.
4. For Grilling: Preheat the grill to medium (350ºF/175ºC). Brush the inside of the basket with oil. Secure chicken breasts in the basket. Grill, skin side down first, brushing with the vinaigrette, about 8 to 10 minutes a side, or until a meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the breast registers 160ºF (71ºC).
5. When done, remove the breasts very carefully from the basket, keeping the skin and stuffing intact. Serve the breasts with the vinaigrette, either whole or sliced and fanned on the plate.