If you are using frozen steak, its important to give enough time to thaw other wise it will fall apart when you put in the grill. You can use any type of BBQ grill , charcoal or gas. I have used Webber Gas Grill which evenly cooks the fish on both sides.
I also made a fresh mint sauce to go with the grilled Fish and butter garlic sauce for the boiled vegetables and squid rings.
Ingredients: Grilled Spanish Mackerels
2 Spanish Mackerel steaks, 1 1/2 inches thick
2 table spoon olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 lemon, sliced
1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
1 tablespoon fresh coriander leaves, chopped
1 teaspoon fresh ground ginger root
1. Light grill, set to medium heat, cover surface with aluminum foil.
2. Rub all sides of each King mackerel steak with olive oil, rub salt, pepper, and garlic, coriander onto the top and bottom of each steak.
3. Place the Spanish mackerel steaks onto aluminum foil, cover each with lemon slices.
4. Cook 5 minutes, remove lemon slices, flip, place lemon slices back on top.
5. Grill until the mackerel steaks flake easily with a fork.
6. Serve the Grilled King Mackerel with boiled vegetables and boiled squid rings
Ingredients: Butter Garlic Sauce
4 tablespoons unsalted butter
4 cloves garlic, crushed
Melt butter, add garlic and set aside. Strain just before using. Brush on meat or fish before broiling or grilling.
Ingredients: Fresh Mint Sauce
1 bunch fresh mint leaves (about 1/2 cup minced leaves)
1 tea spoon dark brown sugar
1 tea spoon. Tarragon wine vinegar
2. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened. Lift the leaves and stems from sauce.
3. Discard stems. Chop the leaves very fine and return to sauce.