This lovely recipe is so versatile. I mainly use it for dips when eating tapas or for an evening snack with cheese whilst watching a movie. You can season the flatbread in whatever way you wish and cut the dough to whatever shape you wish. I make 24 small oblong flatbreads and they come out at just 1g net carb each, which is wonderful for a snack. If you make larger flatbreads, then just adjust the net carbs per flatbread. Easy!
Ingredients – For One Batch (24 small flatbreads)
- 200g Grated Mozzarella
- 50g Full Fat Cream Cheese
- 2 Large Eggs (lightly whisked with a fork)
- 50g Coconut Flour
- 3 tsp Baking Powder
- Salt & Black Pepper
- (You can add 1/2 tsp of garlic powder, rosemary, paprika, Italian seasoning – whatever you fancy)
- Preheat your oven to 170*C
- Melt the mozzarella and cream cheese in a large bowl in your microwave, using 30-second bursts
- Mix together the dried ingredients (together with any desired flavourings) and add this, together with the whisked egg, to the melted mozzarella.
- With a wooden spoon or spatula, bind the ingredients together and use your hands to squidge the dough together.
- Knead on a sterilised worktop or silicone sheet for 5 minutes until smooth and even.
- Using a little extra coconut flour to prevent sticking, roll out the dough into a rectangular shape until it is 3-4 mm thick. If the pastry breaks, just push it back together again. Try to keep an even shape and trim the edges with a sharp knife if you prefer.
- Once rolled, then using a sharp knife, cut your dough into the number and shape of flatbreads you prefer
- Carefully transfer the flatbreads to a lined baking sheet and bake in the centre of the oven for 18-20 minutes (until golden brown).
- Cool on a wire rack and store, once cooled, in an airtight tin (in a cool place) for up to 2 weeks.
NOTE: I OFTEN ADJUST MY RECIPES WHEN I FIND NEW INGREDIENTS AND WILL UPDATE THE RECIPES ON MY BLOG ACCORDINGLY (RATHER THAN PRODUCING ANOTHER RECIPE), SO PLEASE ALWAYS CHECK BEFORE MAKING.