EGG CUSTARD TART
You will not know the difference between this wonderful traditional tart
and the non-keto version. The pastry is sweet and crispy and the egg
custard is sweet and creamy with the delicious taste of nutmeg. At only
4.5 carbs per slice, you’ll be so glad you gave the recipe a try.
INGREDIENTS – For an 8 portion tart
- 1 batch Sweet Pastry from the blog: Sweet Short Crust Pastry
- 8 large Eggs
- 1.5 cups Double Cream
- 0.5 cups Almond Milk – unsweetened
- 3 tblsp Bocha Sweet granular sugar substitute
- 35ml Vanilla Skinny Syrup Sweetener
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Fresh grated, or 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg – to taste!
- Make your pastry and leave in the fridge to cool for at least 3 hours (preferably overnight if possible)
- Preheat your oven to 170*C
- Remember that keto pastry does not roll well, so just press the
pastry evenly into your 8-inch spring-form tart tin, coming at least 2/3
up the side of the tin.
- Return the pastry case to the fridge for a further 20 minutes
- Then bake in the centre of the oven for 20 minutes until golden brown and dry to the touch. Allow to cool
- Turn the oven down to 150*C
- Whisk the eggs, cream, almond milk, granular sugar, sweetener syrup and vanilla extract until thoroughly combined
- Pour through a sieve into your cooled pastry case
- Sprinkle over a generous amount of either grated fresh, or ground, nutmeg (to taste)
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 1 hour – until set in the middle, but still wobbling like a jelly
- Serve warm or cold, on it’s own, or with a little cream
I OFTEN ADJUST MY RECIPES WHEN I FIND NEW INGREDIENTS AND WILL UPDATE
THE RECIPES ON MY BLOG ACCORDINGLY (RATHER THAN PRODUCING ANOTHER
RECIPE), SO PLEASE ALWAYS CHECK BEFORE MAKING.