DARK CHOCOLATE FUDGE CAKE
This chocolate cake is rich and dark, moist and hearty. The secret ingredient is black treacle and the topping of 100% black chocolate ganache is a must for real chocolate lovers. Rich and decadent, you’ll be able to serve this to your guests whether on a keto/low-carb diet or not. They’ll never know the difference. Even with the ganache and raspberry topping this lovely cake is only 3.8 net carbs per slice (including ganache and raspberries).
INGREDIENTS – For 15 Pieces
- 150g Softened Butter
- 150g Bocha Sweet Granulated sweetener
- 4 large Eggs
- 1 tblsp Black Treacle
- 200g Almond Flour
- 50g Coconut Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Xanthan Gum
- 3 tsp Purest Cocoa Powder you can find
- 50-100ml Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1 batch of Chocolate Ganache from this blog
- 15 Fresh Raspberries
- Preheat your oven to 170*C
- Mix, thoroughly, all the dry ingredients together in a bowl
- Cream the butter and sugar together until light & fluffy, with a hand mixer
- Whisk through the black treacle
- Lightly whisk the eggs with a fork and then gradually add 1/4 of the egg mixture to the creamed butter & sugar mix together with 2 tblsp of the flour mix and combine well.
- Repeat until all the egg and flour mixture have been combined together. You will have a fairly stiff cake mixture.
- Add the almond milk until you have a softer cake batter.
- Pour into a lined, oblong (or square) baking tin and smooth over with a spatula to ensure it is flat and evenly distributed in your pan
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Cool thoroughly on a cooling rack
- When the cake is cool, make the Chocolate Ganache
- Spread the ganache on top of the cake and let a little dribble down the sides of the cake as this always looks authentic and pretty.
- Divide your cake into 15 equal squares (or 16 if using a square tin) and add a fresh raspberry to the centre of each square.
NOTE: I OFTEN ADJUST MY RECIPES WHEN I FIND NEW INGREDIENTS AND WILL UPDATE THE RECIPES ON MY BLOG ACCORDINGLY (RATHER THAN PRODUCING ANOTHER RECIPE), SO PLEASE ALWAYS CHECK BEFORE MAKING.