CRUSTY WHITE BREAD ROLLS
This wonderful bread roll recipe comes courtesy of www.thehungryelephant.ca. It’s the nearest recipe I’ve found to real, crusty, white bread rolls. A lovely crust and soft, fluffy bread roll inside. Simply delicious with just your favourite dairy butter and so easy to make; made and baked within 20 minutes. Perfect for serving with keto lasagna or for burgers and cold sandwiches. I make 4 rolls with this recipe (rather than 5) so the net carb count comes in at 4 per roll.
Ingredients : 4 Rolls
- 100g Almond Flour
- 35g Whey Protein Isolate
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Xanthan Gum
- 1/4 cup Hot water
- 50g Butter (melted)
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- Preheat the oven to 175*C and line your baking tray with greaseproof paper
- Mix all the dry ingredients together
- Pour in the hot water and melted butter and mix well to form a bread dough. It will be firm but sticky.
- Divide the mixture into 4 even pieces and gently shape into bread rolls
- Place onto the baking tray and bake for 10 minutes, until golden brown.
- Don’t overbake the rolls as they tend to dry out quite quickly and should be eaten the same day as they are baked.
Serve with lashings of dairy butter and your favourite keto jam or with suppers as a dinner bread-roll. You won’t be disappointed.
NOTE: I OFTEN ADJUST MY RECIPES WHEN I FIND NEW INGREDIENTS AND WILL UPDATE THE RECIPES ON MY BLOG ACCORDINGLY (RATHER THAN PRODUCING ANOTHER RECIPE), SO PLEASE ALWAYS CHECK BEFORE MAKING.