250 g (8 oz) raw Cashews
3 Cups thin Coconut milk (or water)
1 medium Onion, sliced
2 fresh green Chilies, sliced
2 cloves Garlic, crushed
5 cm Cinnamon stick
8 Curry leaves
3 tbs olive oil
1/4 tsp ground turmeric
1 tbs Curry powder
½ tsp ground cumin
1 Cup thick Coconut milk or fresh milk
2 pieces Goraka (Optional)
1. Place the cashews in a bowl, add boiling water, close with lid and soak for about 4 hours or overnight.
2. Drain the water from cashews and add salt, turmeric, raw curry powder, goraka and mix well until cashews are well coated.
3. Heat the oil in a medium saucepan then add onions, green chilies, crushed garlic, cinnamon and fry until onions are soft and golden brown.
4. Add the cashews and keep stirring until well coated with oil and onions.
5. Add thin coconut milk or water, close with lid and cook on slow heat until cashews are soft and cooked.
6. Add the thick coconut milk (or fresh milk) and bring to a boil on slow heat.
Turn off heat. Adjust salt to taste.