This dish is wonderfully versatile as it sits alongside steaks, roast chicken and pork just beautifully. It is rich and creamy and hardly has any carbs at all. This recipe comes in at only 3.6 carbs per person. Rich in vitamin C, vitamin K and iron, it’s a delicious little powerhouse of goodness for all keto and low-carb diet enthusiasts.
Ingredients – For 2 people
- 25g Butter
- 1 clove Garlic (chopped)
- 500g Young Spinach
- Salt & Pepper
- Fresh Nutmeg, grated
- 150g Creamed Cheese
- Melt the butter in a large frying pan and sautee the garlic for a minute.
- Add the spinach to the pan and turn it over and over to cook. You’ll need to add it handfuls at a time whilst it wilts into a manageable size.
- Add salt and pepper and grate fresh nutmeg to taste.
- Stir in the creamed cheese and let it simmer fairly strongly to reduce most of the juices from the spinach.
- When thick and creamy, serve immediately.
Serve with a sprinkling of nutmeg and a little parmesan cheese if you fancy a stronger taste. Enjoy!
NOTE: I OFTEN ADJUST MY RECIPES WHEN I FIND NEW INGREDIENTS AND WILL UPDATE THE RECIPES ON MY BLOG ACCORDINGLY (RATHER THAN PRODUCING ANOTHER RECIPE), SO PLEASE ALWAYS CHECK BEFORE MAKING.