This sweet and tangy cranberry sauce is a fine addition to the Christmas table. With only 1.5 carbs per tablespoon, you do not have to deny yourself this traditional accompaniment to your turkey.
Ingredients – for 22 TBLSP
- 250g Cranberries (washed)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3 tblsp Skinny Syrup – Brown Sugar
- 1 medium Orange – Zest Only
- 100ml Water
- 1 tblsp Brandy
- 1 tsp Chia Seeds
- Add all the ingredients, except for the Bandy and Chia Seeds to a pan and bring to the boil gently
- Simmer for 10 minutes until the cranberries are soft and start to disintegrate
- Add the Brandy and Chia Seeds and stir in gently
- Simmer for one more minute and then remove from the heat to cool
- Store in a sterilized jar in the fridge or, if making ahead of time, freeze until required
NOTE: I OFTEN ADJUST MY RECIPES WHEN I FIND NEW INGREDIENTS AND WILL UPDATE THE RECIPES ON MY BLOG ACCORDINGLY (RATHER THAN PRODUCING ANOTHER RECIPE), SO PLEASE ALWAYS CHECK BEFORE MAKING.