Ingredients: Coconut Roti
100 g Coconut flakes (grated or desiccated/dry coconut).
50 g Onion
1 Chile, fresh
225 g Flour
1 ts Salt
25 ml OliveOil
1 cup water( lukwarm)
1.Mix together the flour, coconut, and salt.
2. Add water. Depending on how wet or dry your coconut is, you may need to adjust the water. You’re going for a stiff dough that isn’t too tacky. (Add little olive oil, if dough become too sticky)
3. Divide the dough into 4 equal-sized balls.
4. Form each ball into a round roti about 6″ in diameter and about 1/4″ thick.
5. Heat a flat pan such as a griddle.
6. Put the roti in the middle of the pan. When one side is cooked (the upper surface will become slightly darker and less shiny), turn it and cook the other side until there are light brown specs on both sides.
7. Remove from pan.
Ingredients: Onion & Chili Chutney (Lunu Miris)
1 cup peeled small/pearled red onions, peeled
3-4 dried red chillies (or) 2-3 tbsp red chilli powder (as per taste)
juice of a small lemon
salt to taste
1. In a skillet saute the onions and red chillies with little salt for few seconds.
2. Grind it up into a coarse paste along with lemon juice
Its recommended to eat the coconut rotties while it’s sizzling hot to get the wonderful coconut aroma and exotic flavor.