This is a Christmas twist on a traditional Italian dessert. It’s a boozy treat with brandy, orange and Christmas spices you can easily adjust to your own taste. It can be made within 30 minutes, start to finish, so is ideal for whipping up a quick, but spectacular dessert if friends and family join you for supper. Only 6.5 carbs per serving, what’s not to like?
Ingredients – for 4 individual desserts
- 8 tblsp Almond Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 3 tblsp Melted Butter
- 2 medium Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3 tblsp Skinny Syrup – Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp each Cinnamon, All Spice, Ginger, Nutmeg
- 1 medium Orange – Grated zest only
- 6 caps Brandy
- 2 Espresso Shots of Christmas Coffee
- 250ml Mascarpone Cheese
- 300ml Double Cream
- 70ml Brandy
- 30ml Skinny Syrup – Brown Sugar
- Remainder of Orange Zest
- Mix the flour, baking powder and spices in a bowl. Stir through half the grated orange zest
- Lightly whisk the eggs with the vanilla extract and skinny syrup
- Add the melted butter and egg mixture to the dried ingredients and stir well
- Lightly butter 4 ramekins
- Divide the cake mixture between the four ramekins and microwave, two at a time, on full power for one minute
- Allow the cakes to cool and then turn out into a shallow bowl or container. Slice them in half to get two discs of cake per ramekin
- Pour the 6 bottle-caps of brandy and the expresso coffee over the cooled cake and leave it to soak in whilst you prepare the mascarpone cream
- Whisk the mascarpone cheese and cream until just starting to form peaks. Stir through the remainder of the orange zest and the brandy
- Whisk again to regain the soft peaks
- Stir through the skinny syrup to sweeten
- Whisk again to regain the soft peaks. Adjust the brandy and syrup to taste.
- Layer the tiramisu in individual serving glasses, cream, cake, cream, cake cream and then dust with allspice or cinnamon and a slice of orange peel to serve.
NOTE: I OFTEN ADJUST MY RECIPES WHEN I FIND NEW INGREDIENTS AND WILL UPDATE THE RECIPES ON MY BLOG ACCORDINGLY (RATHER THAN PRODUCING ANOTHER RECIPE), SO PLEASE ALWAYS CHECK BEFORE MAKING.