CHOCOLATE SAUCE FOR DESSERTS
Like the raspberry coulis and the pistachio praline on the two Panna Cotta recipes on this blog, you can mix and match the sauces, coulis and toppings on many different desserts. I find they are all just wonderful on panna cotta, but they are also rather wonderful on home-made keto ice-cream. I’ll be posting a couple of my favourite recipes over the coming days.
This wonderfully rich chocolate sauce recipe will transform any simple dessert into a special occasion. The recipe makes approximately 500ml of chocolate sauce, which is roughly 30 tablespoons of sauce. So each tablespoon of sauce is a little less than 0.5 net carbs each. Far too good to be true!
INGREDIENTS – For 500ml Chocolate Sauce
- 90g Montezuma’s Absolute Black 100% Cocoa Dark Chocolate
- 300ml Double Cream
- 125ml Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 6 tblsp Bocha Sweet Granulated Sugar
- Gently warm the cream, sugar and chocolate in a pan until the chocolate has dissolved, then thoroughly stir through the almond milk
- Allow to cool slightly before decanting into your storage bottles. Store in the fridge.
- If the chocolate sauce is a little too thick, simply start to warm it through in a pan again and add a little more (say 50ml) Almond Milk until you reach your desired consistency.
NOTE: I OFTEN ADJUST MY RECIPES WHEN I FIND NEW INGREDIENTS AND WILL UPDATE THE RECIPES ON MY BLOG ACCORDINGLY (RATHER THAN PRODUCING ANOTHER RECIPE), SO PLEASE ALWAYS CHECK BEFORE MAKING.