CHOCOLATE ORANGE CHEESECAKE PIE
Chocolate and orange are traditional Christmas flavour favourites, so I’ve put together a wonderful chocolate orange cheesecake pie. This decadent cheesecake is made very quickly and uses Montezuma’s 100% cocoa Orange & Cocoa Nib black chocolate for a deliciously rich and decadent taste. Even with a crispy chocolate pastry base, this delightful dessert only has 5 carbs per serving? Go on, treat yourself!
Ingredients – Serves 10
- 1 batch Chocolate Pastry (recipe published on the information page for Keto Pastry)
- 1 tblsp Powdered Gelatine
- 1/2 cup Vanilla Syrup Sweetener (in two 1/4 cup measures)
- 450g Cream Cheese
- 400ml Double Cream
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 90g bar Montezuma 100% cocoa Orange & Chocolate Nibs chocolate bar
- 1 medium Orange (zest only)
- Prepare your pastry and bake it blind. Leave it to cool.
- Add 1 tblsp gelatine powder to 1/4 cup vanilla syrup sweetener. Set aside for 5 minutes
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl over a pan of water until fully dissolved. If you have nibs in the chocolate, these will not dissolve. Remove from the heat to cool slightly.
- Whisk the cream cheese and the cream together until thick and creamy
- Add the second 1/4 cup of sweetener syrup to the gelatine and stir through well. Add the orange zest and stir thoroughly to combine well
- Add the gelatine mix to the cream and whisk briefly to combine. It will start to thicken quickly
- Pour the chocolate into the cheesecake mixture and combine thoroughly with a spatula
- Spoon the cheesecake into the cooled pastry case
- Refrigerate for an hour prior to decorating, slicing and serving.
Decorate with shavings of orange zest and grated chocolate. Serve with whipped double cream with a splash of brandy. Enjoy!
NOTE: I OFTEN ADJUST MY RECIPES WHEN I FIND NEW INGREDIENTS AND WILL UPDATE THE RECIPES ON MY BLOG ACCORDINGLY (RATHER THAN PRODUCING ANOTHER RECIPE), SO PLEASE ALWAYS CHECK BEFORE MAKING.