Here’s another every-day chocolate cake staple. These muffins can be made and baked in 30 minutes and filled with the most amazing combinations of sweetened and flavoured cream. With only 4g of carbs per muffin, even with a cream filling, this is a daily treat you can always afford.
Ingredients – Makes 9 Muffins
- 12 tblsp Almond Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tblsp Cocoa Powder (highest cocoa content you can find)
- 1/3 tsp Xanthum Gum (Not strictly necessary if you can’t get it, but it does help with binding the cake ingredients together)
- 3 medium Eggs
- 2 tsp Vanilla Essence
- Slosh Vanilla or Brown Sugar Skinny Syrup (as sugar replacement)
- 4 tblsp Melted Butter
- 300ml Double Cream
- Slosh Your favourite flavour of Skinny Syrup or Skinny Syrup Sauce
- Preheat the oven to 175*C
- Combine the dry ingredients well in a bowl
- Mix together the eggs, vanilla essence and Skinny Syrup
- Combine the dry ingredients with the egg mixture and the melted butter and mix well
- Divide the cake batter evenly between 9 paper muffin cases in a muffin tin
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 20 minutes
- Cool on a wire rack
- When cool, either slice in half or hollow out the wings for butterfly cakes
- Whisk the cream until thick, add your preferred flavouring & whisk in until stiff enough to form peaks
- Spoon or pipe the cream into the centre of the cakes. Put the lid or wings back on top.
Serve with a sprinkle of cocoa powder or half a strawberry – or both. Enjoy!
The muffins (without cream) can be frozen and defrosted, when required, in about 30 minutes.
NOTE: I OFTEN ADJUST MY RECIPES WHEN I FIND NEW INGREDIENTS AND WILL UPDATE THE RECIPES ON MY BLOG ACCORDINGLY (RATHER THAN PRODUCING ANOTHER RECIPE), SO PLEASE ALWAYS CHECK BEFORE MAKING.