CHOCOLATE HEAVEN CAKE
What can I say? This truly lovely chocolate cake is a big hit with everyone who tries it. I’m not sure if it’s the lovely chocolatey sponge, the amazing chocolate sauce, or the sweetened cream that hits the hot-spot for most people – maybe it’s the combination of all three? At 7 carbs per slice (if you cut your cake into 12 slices), it’s a delicious treat you can have when you have a few carbs in the bank!
- 200g Almond Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 tblsp High content cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp Xanthan Gum
- 8 tblsp Melted Butter
- 5 large Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 60ml Skinny Syrup Sweetener – Vanilla or Cinnamon Dolce
- 200ml Double Cream
- 25ml Skinny Syrup Sweetener – Vanilla or Cinnamon Dolce
- 4 tblsp Chocoholic Chocolate Spread from The Skinny Food Company
- Grease and line two 7″ loose-bottomed cake tins
- Preheat the oven to 175*C
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a large bow. Mix well.
- Add the remainder of the ingredients and mix well for 1 minute, until thoroughly combined
- If your mixture is a little stiff, then you can add a splash of almond milk to loosen it
- Pour equally into the two cake tins, level off, and bake in the centre of the oven for 20 mins
- Take out of the tins and cool the cakes on a wire rack
- When the cake is cool, spread the chocolate sauce on the bottom layer of the cake. I sometimes add a tablespoon of cream to loosen it a little and make it easier to spread
- Whisk the cream until stiff peaks form and then whisk in the 25ml of sweetener to combine thoroughly
- Pipe or spread the cream on top of the chocolate spread and place the second layer of sponge on the top.
- If you have a little erythritol (or keto) icing sugar, you can sieve a little onto the top to make it look pretty.
NOTE: I OFTEN ADJUST MY RECIPES WHEN I FIND NEW INGREDIENTS AND WILL UPDATE THE RECIPES ON MY BLOG ACCORDINGLY (RATHER THAN PRODUCING ANOTHER RECIPE), SO PLEASE ALWAYS CHECK BEFORE MAKING.