As a chocoholic, it has been lovely to work on my regular gluten-free brownie recipe to find a keto version – and here it is! These yummy brownies are incredibly rich and lightly gooey in the middle. I’ve baked them here in individual square tins (because they look pretty), but they can also be baked in a square or oblong tin and cut into portions. This recipe makes 16 brownies and they have just 1.8 carbs each. (2.3 carbs each if you add walnuts). Delicious, rich, yummy brownies.
Ingredients (For 16 Brownies)
- 180g 100% Cocoa Absolute Black chocolate from Montezuma (I often use the orange one!)
- 250g Butter
- 4 Large Eggs
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 50ml Skinny Syrup Cinnamon Dolce (or Vanilla) Sweetener Syrup
- 160g Bocha Sweet Granular Sugar Substitute
- 125g Almond Flour
- Pre-heat the oven to 175*C
- Lightly butter your individual brownie pan holes or line and butter a square or oblong baking tin
- Melt the butter and chocolate together in a large bowl (I use the microwave to do this)
- Lightly whisk the eggs in a large jug and then whisk in the vanilla extract and skinny syrup
- Add the egg mixture to the melted butter and chocolate and mix well together
- Add the Bocha Sweet and the Almond flour to the chocolate mix and combine thoroughly
- Divide the mixture into the individual brownie pans, or put the mixture into your baking tin
- Bake individual brownies in the centre of the oven for 15-18 minutes, or the whole mixture in the baking tin for 25-30 mins – until the mixture is slightly risen and looks dry and firm on the top. A skewer or cocktail stick should still be slightly moist when inserted into the brownies, but not sticky with raw mixture.
- Take out of the oven and cool on a wire rack
- Sieve a little erythritol icing sugar over to decorate
Serve warm or cold, on their own or with lashings of cream. Enjoy!
1/2 cup (50g) of chopped walnuts can be added if you prefer and this will take your brownies to 2.3 carbs each.
NOTE: I OFTEN ADJUST MY RECIPES WHEN I FIND NEW INGREDIENTS AND WILL UPDATE THE RECIPES ON MY BLOG ACCORDINGLY (RATHER THAN PRODUCING ANOTHER RECIPE), SO PLEASE ALWAYS CHECK BEFORE MAKING.