CHICKEN GARAM MASALA
Satisfy your spice cravings. If you fancy something exotic that is quick and easy to make, then this lovely Indian dish is a must and only has 10g carbs per serving. It’s one of my go-to favourites and is easily adaptable to transform into delicious Thai curries too (which I’ll detail on separate posts). I serve it with cauliflower rice and keto naan bread, which I’ll also detail on separate posts. It’s just like being at your local Indian restaurant!
Ingredients – For 4 Servings
- 800g Skinless Chicken Breasts (about 4 medium-sized breasts) chopped 1-inch cubes
- 1 medium White Onion (chopped)
- 1 clove Garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 medium Red or Yellow Pepper (sliced into strips)
- 2 tblsp Coconut Oil (You can use butter or sunflower oil)
- 2 tblsp Garam Masala (more or less to taste)
- 1 tsp Tumeric (more or less to taste)
- 1 tsp Caraway Seeds
- 250ml Coconut Cream (not creamed coconut or coconut milk)
- Coriander to Garnish
- In a large frying pan, sauteé the onion and garlic in the coconut oil until slightly softened
- Stir in the Garam Masala, tumeric and caraway seeds to release the spices
- Stir in the chicken and keep turning in the pan to cook evenly without browning
- When the chicken is more or less cooked add the pepper and continue cooking and turning in the pan until the pepper is softened slightly
- Then add the coconut cream, bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes until the peppers are cooked to your liking.
- Adjust your seasoning to taste.
- I prefer my peppers a little al-dente, but it’s personal taste. Just simmer until you are happy that the chicken is fully cooked and the peppers achieve the level of cooking you prefer.
Serve immediately with a sprig of coriander and your preferred accompaniments. Enjoy!
NOTE: I OFTEN ADJUST MY RECIPES WHEN I FIND NEW INGREDIENTS AND WILL UPDATE THE RECIPES ON MY BLOG ACCORDINGLY (RATHER THAN PRODUCING ANOTHER RECIPE), SO PLEASE ALWAYS CHECK BEFORE MAKING.