CHEESE & ONION QUICHE
This wonderfully easy quiche is a staple in our family. You can dress it up or down as you like and served with either a green salad or some keto-friendly vegetables, it’s a must. With only 10g carbs per serving, it’s likely to become a go-to quick, supper or lunch for you too!
Ingredients – For 6 servings
- 1 batch Alternative Savoury Pastry (recipe published on the information page for Keto Pastry)
- 8 medium Eggs
- 1 2/3 cups Double Cream (can use 2/3 cup almond milk for a lighter quiche)
- 1 medium White Onion
- Salt & Pepper
- 6oz Cheddar or Red Leicester (or any hard cheese of choice)
- Preheat your oven to 175*C
- Make your pastry and bake it blind. Set aside to cool.
- Whisk the eggs in a large bowl
- Whisk in the cream (and milk if preferred)
- Add S&P to taste
- Chop the onion very finely and place this on top of the cooled pastry base
- Grate the cheese and evenly place this over the onion
- Gently and evenly pour the egg and cream mixture over the cheese
- Bake in the centre of your oven for 45-50 minutes until the quiche is set in the middle
Serve hot or cold. Enjoy!
NOTE: I OFTEN ADJUST MY RECIPES WHEN I FIND NEW INGREDIENTS AND WILL UPDATE THE RECIPES ON MY BLOG ACCORDINGLY (RATHER THAN PRODUCING ANOTHER RECIPE), SO PLEASE ALWAYS CHECK BEFORE MAKING.