This lovely dish is a delicious and healthy, low-carb alternative to real rice. When eaten with curries, chilli-con-carne and other highly tasty dishes, it is surprising just how well it works as a rice substitute. With only 10g per (two-cup) serving and being so easy and quick to make, it has become a regular staple in our house.
Ingredients – For 2 Servings
- 1/2 Cauliflower (medium-sized) Grated – watch your fingers!
- 1 tblsp Butter
- Salt & Pepper
- Grate the cauliflower. I use mostly the florets and give up with the stalks when it gets a little threatening!
- You are aiming to have approximately 2 cups of grated cauliflower per serving
- Put the grated cauliflower, butter and seasoning in a microwavable pan with a lid that releases steam or bowl you can cover with pierced clingfilm.
- Microwave on full for two bursts of two-minutes, stirring in-between bursts of cooking.
Serve piping hot with your favourite curry or saucy dish. Enjoy!
NOTE: I OFTEN ADJUST MY RECIPES WHEN I FIND NEW INGREDIENTS AND WILL UPDATE THE RECIPES ON MY BLOG ACCORDINGLY (RATHER THAN PRODUCING ANOTHER RECIPE), SO PLEASE ALWAYS CHECK BEFORE MAKING.