This Sunday Lunch accompaniment classic is brilliantly easy to make and includes lashings of incredibly rich and cheesy sauce with a firm (not soggy) cauliflower. This lovely dish is 6.5g per serving if you divide the recipe below by six.
Ingredients – For 6 servings (possibly more, depending on size)
- 500g Cauliflower (A medium-sized cauliflower)
- 300g Cream Cheese
- 125g Cheddar (or your favourite hard cheese) grated
- 100ml Almond Milk
- Pepper to taste and a dash of nutmeg
- Preheat your oven to 175*C
- De-leaf and cut the cauliflower into 6 pieces (like a cake)
- Par-boil the cauliflower for 10 minutes in a pan of shallow water – with the stalky thick part in the water and the florets out of the water
- Remove from the water with a slatted spoon and place in your baking dish
- Add the cream cheese to a large pan and as it warms through, grate the cheese into the pan to melt it thoroughly with the cream cheese. Add pepper and nutmeg to taste and stir through the milk to reach a sauce consistency you are happy with. Heat to the boil and then remove from the heat and pour over the cauliflower in the dish
- Sprinkle a little grated cheese over the top if desired
- Bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes until the cheese sauce is bubbling and the cauliflower is slightly browned.
NOTE: I OFTEN ADJUST MY RECIPES WHEN I FIND NEW INGREDIENTS AND WILL UPDATE THE RECIPES ON MY BLOG ACCORDINGLY (RATHER THAN PRODUCING ANOTHER RECIPE), SO PLEASE ALWAYS CHECK BEFORE MAKING.