BLACKBERRY JAM with BRANDY & VODKA
Blackberries are one of my favourite fruits, so it is wonderful to have developed a recipe that will allow me to eat sweet, juicy blackberries, on my keto diet. I use frozen blackberries for this recipe as I pick them myself at the end of each summer season and freeze them at home. They have a much better flavour than forced out-of-season blackberries you can buy in the shops. At just 2g per tablespoon, this jam is a daily treat you can easily afford – even on keto!
Ingredients – for two 1lb jars of jam
- 900g Blackberries – Frozen (Fresh blackberries can also be used)
- 25ml Skinny Syrup – Brown Sugar
- 25ml Skinny Syrup – Vanilla
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 4 tblsp Brandy or Cognac
- 2 tblsp Absolut Cherry Vodka
- 3 tblsp Chia Seeds
- Defrost your blackberries at room temperature if using frozen
- Sterilise two 1lb kilner jars
- Place the blackberries in a large heavy-bottomed pan
- Add the two skinny syrups, the vanilla extract and bring to the boil slowly
- Once boiling, reduce to a simmer and add the brandy and cherry vodka. One can add more or less to taste. Simmer and stir for approximately 10 minutes
- Once the blackberries start to disintegrate into the jam, add the chia seeds and stir for a further two minutes
- Remove from the heat and after a couple of minutes, ladle into the sterilized kilner jars
- Store in a cool, dark cupboard and refrigerate after opening
Serve on keto bread rolls, toast or keto scones, with lashings of creamy butter or whipped or clotted cream. Enjoy!
NOTE: I OFTEN ADJUST MY RECIPES WHEN I FIND NEW INGREDIENTS AND WILL UPDATE THE RECIPES ON MY BLOG ACCORDINGLY (RATHER THAN PRODUCING ANOTHER RECIPE), SO PLEASE ALWAYS CHECK BEFORE MAKING.